Services provided through the NDIS are free to the participant. The NDIS is an up-capped service, so unlike other government-funded schemes like Medicare, people who claim support under this service will not be charged for any support provided under the scheme. The NDIS was created to help ease the burden on participants who are living with a permanent disability, as well as their families and friends who support them through their daily lives.
Therapeutic and behavioural support are crucial when it comes to support with participants that have a disability because there are a lot of issues that may arise if people are not given adequate physical health and mental health support. Being able to find a range of service providers that can help each individual work through their issues is very important and it can help to improve the quality of life for those who are living with a permanent disability immensely. By providing each participant with the adequate support that meets their needs and giving them access to professionals that they may have not otherwise been exposed to, the NDIS helps thousands of people across Victoria, NSW and every other state across Australia get the care that they need to get through each day as best as they can.
In recognising the need for flexible and holistic services that meet the varied needs of NDIS participants, New Vision Psychology is able to provide the following supports:
- At-home visits and face to face contact from professionals in the disability support sector through NDIS funding.
- Male and female practitioners are available, that specialise in supporting with those with a significant disability that will help them to manage living with a disability.
- Holistic support, by liaising with all stakeholders including family members, other service providers and community supports who can assist participants.
- Male and female NDIS service providers available to participants under the scheme, to suit a range of individual needs and impairments.
- Assistance with daily living by providing therapeutic and behaviour support to those with a permanent disability, to give a better quality of life.
- Providing information to those who need it about who can access NDIS funded support services and how you can connect with NDIS registered providers in your area.
- Trained professionals providing behaviour support to those who need it, while helping to create strategies to deal with behaviour issues.
- Mental health care offered to those who are figuring out how to live with a permanent disability and to improve their functioning.
- Helping participants who have a pre-arranged NDIS plan to stick to the plans they have made so that they can get the most out of their support sessions.
- Early intervention therapy for children who are experiencing behaviour issues from a young age, so that they can get the support that they need.
- Help participants to outline and achieve their goals when it comes to getting the most out of each support session.
- Assistance for participants who need help after hours from those experienced in support work and disability care.
- Services in a variety of languages including English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Please contact New Vision Psychology on 1300 001 778 to discuss your individual needs and how we are able to work together to meet your goals. For more information on the National Disability Insurance Agency, visit the NDIS website to find out if you are eligible for funding due to a significant disability.