What are EAP Counselling Services?
In 2023, employees demand more from their employers than just a paycheck. They want a company that cares about them; they don’t want to feel like just another cog in the machine. Fortunately, modern business leaders have realised the importance of physical and mental wellbeing for employee satisfaction and productivity.
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is designed to maintain workplace balance and provide employees with a safe and secure place to tackle their personal and professional challenges. EAP counselling in Sydney is confidential, work-based counselling focused on helping employees with various mental struggles in their life. These struggles may include anxiety or depression, divorce or family problems, grief and loss, or work and financial stress. Fundamentally, EAP counselling allows employees to speak about their issues and concerns with a professional before these problems become debilitating.
Traditionally, EAP programs were only available to larger companies in Australia with more than 100 employees. However, finding a trusted EAP provider in Sydney is now easier than ever. EAP counselling services are available to NSW businesses of all sizes, across multiple industries and markets.
In today’s dynamic workplace landscape, it’s more important than ever to foster a supportive environment for employers. More companies are recognising the value of EAP counselling in Sydney and the confidential haven it offers employers to address personal issues affecting their mental health and wellness. By engaging with an EAP service provider in Sydney, businesses take a proactive approach that enhances employee satisfaction and contributes to a more resilient and capable workforce.
To find out more about how we can assist you and your business, please send us an enquiry.
What are the benefits of EAP counselling for NSW businesses?
For businesses in NSW, EAP counselling is a long-term holistic solution that provides effective results. By offering employees a confidential outlet to focus on their mental health, you give them the support they need to feel better within themselves.
Particularly for staff dealing with depression, anxiety, or trauma, mental health struggles can cause them to be distant at work and struggle to complete even the smallest tasks. By providing a safe space for them to tackle these challenges head-on, you’re helping to improve their overall mental health and wellbeing as well as their workplace productivity.
Improving employee satisfaction & productivity
Professional counselling and mental health practices improve employee productivity, creativity, job satisfaction, and overall engagement in the workplace. Additionally, employers who know that their employer is concerned about their mental health and well-being are often more motivated to work and more likely to stay with the company long-term.
Connecting with your employees through EAP counselling
A good EAP counselling program creates a connection and a deeper bond between employer and employee. A commitment to EAP services will boost employee satisfaction, team morale, and productivity across the company. Offering employees the chance to overcome mental health issues before they become too overwhelming also improves resilience within the company.
Most importantly, Sydney EAP counselling provides essential mental health services to people in your company who need it. These people are your colleagues and your friends; often, they do not have the resources or ability to source the services themselves. So, by providing an EAP program, you are making a big difference in their lives.
Providing a resource for professional struggles
In addition to supporting employees through their personal mental health struggles, an EAP program can help your senior managers, HR staff, and any other key employees who need it to overcome particularly difficult workplace scenarios.
Some examples of how EAP services can help in the workplace include:
- A support system for managers and HR staff who are required to handle conflict resolutions, disruptive team members, or any other workplace disagreements.
- A supportive environment after major workplace restructures, where people have been made redundant, asked to change roles or face the challenge of a new team without some of their colleagues who are now gone.
- Assistance for managers at all levels can motivate their teams and provide performance reviews.
- A compassionate and safe place for employees who are dealing with a traumatic event such as the death of a colleague or family member.
EAP counselling with New Vision Psychology
At New Vision Psychology, we offer a personalised approach to EAP counselling and tailor our services to the needs of your organisation and your employees. Our registered and clinical psychologists provide a safe, secure, and supportive environment for employees to work through personal and professional challenges. We apply proven therapeutic approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Positive Psychology. Our experts provide interventions for OCD, anger management, grief counselling, eating disorders and much more.
Additionally, we offer EAP counselling in Sydney in a range of languages, including English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Greek, Portuguese, Bengali, Hindi, Afrikaans, Norwegian and Croatian, making us the ideal EAP partner for multinational corporations and businesses of all sizes across Sydney and NSW.
Flexible & convenient EAP services for your Sydney business
At New Vision Psychology, we pride ourselves on flexibility and convenience. We understand the complexities of running a business and the nature of having employees with different needs and requirements. As well as having several experts in multiple areas, we also offer flexible payment options, telehealth services, and phone sessions, and we have five Sydney locations in Chatswood, Burwood, Hurstville, Castle Hill and Sydney CBD.
Choosing New Vision Psychology for your EAP Counselling Services in Sydney will benefit both your business and your employees. Working with us ensures support for employees who need it, fostering resilience and a collaborative, caring culture.
EAP Sydney FAQs
What is EAP counselling, and does my business need it?
Under the WHS Act, employers are required to build psychologically healthy and safe workplaces. An Employee Assistance Program, or EAP, helps employees deal with personal or work-related problems and therefore helps to increase productivity, creativity, and engagement for your business. EAP can also be offered following a critical incident where there is a risk of distress and trauma for a group of employees, for example: following the death or injury of a workmate, the retrenchment of staff, or a significant restructuring in the workplace.
Access to EAP in Sydney is voluntary, and employees receive a confidential psychological service where they can resolve issues that may impact their workplace performance, such as:
- Workplace relationships
- Careers counselling
- Personal stress
An EAP counselling service tends to be short-term (usually three to four sessions), and may involve follow-ups in the future to ensure relapse prevention or referrals to longer-term counselling services and specialist services where required.
Can managers receive EAP counselling in Sydney?
Yes — EAP services are helpful to those in managerial positions who may experience workplace issues related to management, where a consultation with a psychologist may be beneficial, including:
- Consulting on how to appropriately manage difficult staff
- Strategies to increase the motivation of staff
- Assistance with conflict resolution
- Assistance with performance management of staff.
Why choose New Vision Psychology for EAP in Sydney?
New Vision Psychology is your ideal choice for EAP counselling in Sydney. Here’s why:
- Highly qualified: Our clinical and registered psychologists have years of experience in both private practice and organisational settings, qualifying them to provide high-quality EAP counselling services in Sydney.
- Affordable rates: Our rates are very competitive in the EAP Sydney market and we only charge on a session-to-session basis, rather than a lock-in contract with a minimum fee. We provide flexible contracts based on your business needs.
- Sustainable support: After completing EAP sessions in Sydney, employees can continue to see the same therapist. They can pay privately or use Medicare. This may not be possible with some EAP companies, as the therapist may not have their own practice, or there may be a conflict of interest.
- Excellent customer service: We have partnerships and excellent working relationships with government organisations as well as other NGOs and private organisations. We provide not only the highest quality counselling services but also excellent customer service with short waiting times.
- Culturally diverse services: We have been a commissioned partner with Sydney North Primary Health Network since 2017 — providing culturally and linguistically diverse counselling services for clients from a Chinese cultural background.
- Counselling in different languages: We offer counselling in a range of languages including English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Greek, Portuguese, Bengali, Hindi, Afrikaans, Norwegian and Croatian.
- Convenient Office locations: We cover 5 convenient locations that cover Sydney’s North, Northwest, Sydney CBD, Inner West and Sydney South, all located within short walking distance to train stations.
- After-hours service: We offer after-hours services until 8 pm as well as Saturday sessions from 8 am–6 pm.
Are your Sydney EAP services confidential?
Yes – all EAP counselling services are confidential. Even though all employees have access to EAP in Sydney, very few engage with the service even though they know that it exists and costs them no out-of-pocket expenses — mainly out of fear of confidentiality breaches. While conversations with Human Resources are not strictly confidential, all EAP counselling services are. The only exceptions to this rule are:
- With consent by the client
- Where there is a risk to the safety of the client or others
- To comply with statutory duties, or
- To comply with a court order or subpoena
As mental health and well-being are critical in the workplace, we recommend reassuring staff that there is no requirement for employees to tell their office manager or HR manager that they are receiving EAP counselling in Sydney. For example, employees may take personal or annual leave to attend EAP appointments. Assuring staff that EAP is confidential can encourage the participation of EAP counselling — and therefore improve the overall quality of life in the workplace.