Psychologists Sydney CBD
At New Vision Psychology, our Sydney psychologists are dedicated to your mental health journey. It’s our priority to match you with the best psychologist for your needs. By finding the right therapeutic fit, we help to maximise your therapy outcomes.
As one of Sydney’s most inclusive psychology practices, we provide a warm environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging. We offer counselling for individuals, couples, children, and families. If you’re looking for counselling services by registered clinical psychologists in Sydney, our warm and professional team is here to help.
Our Sydney CBD clinic is a short 3-minute walk from Wynyard and Martin Place stations.
We also offer online counselling via telehealth, so you can access our entire team of psychologists no matter where in Australia you are.
Our Psychologist Services in Sydney CBD
If you’re searching for a psychologist near you in Sydney, you’ve come to the right place – New Vision Psychology is Sydney’s leading provider of psychology and counselling services in the Sydney CBD and beyond. Our Sydney CBD psychologists provide mental health services for those working and living in the city and its surrounding suburbs, such as Alexandria, Annandale, Barangaroo, Beaconsfield, Centennial Park, Chippendale, Darlinghurst, Darlington, Dawes Point, Forest Lodge, Glebe, Haymarket, Moore Park, Paddington, Pyrmont, Rosebery, Surry Hills, Ultimo, Waterloo, and Zetland.
Our Sydney psychologists can also be booked through our practices at:
- Chatwood (North Shore)
- Burwood (Inner West)
- Hurstville (South Sydney)
- Castle Hill (Northwest Sydney)
We have clinical counsellors and registered clinical psychologists available near you from Monday – Saturday. Book your appointment today to receive compassionate and expert counselling in Sydney’s CBD and beyond.
A Range of Psychological and Counselling Services Near You in Sydney
New Vision Psychology offers a range of counselling services for issues such as depression, anxiety, LGBTIQ support, anger management, and relationships. We also offer counselling for adolescents, families, and couples. In addition, we diagnose mental health conditions and provide professional cognitive assessments.
We have mental health psychologists available Monday – Saturday.
Suite 703, Level 7, 84 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000 | Get Directions
New Vision Psychology offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic tools and assessments in our Sydney CBD clinic for autism, ADHD, dyslexia and other conditions.
Cognitive Tests and Assessments
We conduct professional cognitive and psychometric assessments, such as:
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS-IV) to measure adult intellectual ability
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-V) to measure a child’s intellectual ability
- Wechsler Preschool & Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI-IV) to measure cognitive development for pre-schoolers and young children
- Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT) to measure oral language, reading, written language and mathematics
New Vision Psychology produces a range of psychological reports, including NDIS reviews, court reports, immigration reports, separation certificates and school/university reports.
New Vision Psychology makes Employee Assistance Program counselling easy and accessible for businesses of all sizes, to help your employees deal with personal or work-related problems and boost their productivity and well-being. We offer flexible and affordable payment options without an ongoing retainer.
Book your Appointment with a Psychologist in Sydney Near You
Our Sydney city clinic offers clinical psychology and counselling services across the general Sydney Metropolitan area, including Surry Hills, Potts Point, Pyrmont, Ultimo, Barangaroo, Darlinghurst, Redfern, Woolloomooloo, Bondi Junction, and the Eastern Suburbs. Situated on Pitt St, just a short walk from Wynyard and Martin Place stations, our clinic is conveniently located to service Sydney City, central Sydney, and the surrounding areas.
You can explore the availability of each of our Sydney psychologists to book your appointment. Our Sydney CBD clinic is open Monday to Saturday, with after-hours appointments available. Our reception services are available Monday to Friday, 8:30 am–5:30 pm.
$142.10 after hours
$235 after hours
$138.65 after hours
$275 after hours
Meet Our Sydney CBD Psychologists
At New Vision Psychology, we have highly skilled, registered and clinical psychologists available to help you in Sydney — they are qualified in multiple disciplines, with the skills and expertise to treat a wide range of conditions and issues. We utilise an extensive array of evidence-based strategies and therapeutic methods, tailoring our approach to the needs and preferences of each individual.
We have various Chinese-speaking (Cantonese or Mandarin) counsellors, psychologists and therapists who are based in our Sydney CBD clinic. We also provide therapy in Vietnamese, Spanish, Greek, Portuguese, Bengali, Hindi, Afrikaans, Norwegian and Croatian.
Check out our psychologists’ profiles and availabilities:
Clinical Psychologist & Supervisor
Sherry (Xiaojun) Zeng
Meet Our Customer Support Team
Customer Care Team Leader
Customer Care Team Member
Customer Care Team Member
Customer Care Team Member
Customer Care Team Member
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get to your practice in Sydney?
Our Sydney CBD psychotherapy office is at 84 Pitt Street, a short 3-minute walk from Wynyard and Martin Place stations. Take the elevator to Level 7 — we are located in Suite 703. If you’re having difficulty finding our clinic, simply give us a call at 1300 001 778.
If you’re unable to make it to see our psychologists in person, we also offer online counselling via telehealth. This means you’ll be able to access our entire team of Sydney psychologists no matter where in Australia you are.
What kind of counselling services do your Sydney psychologists offer?
We offer a full range of psychological services for all types of mental health concerns at our Sydney CBD clinic — for individuals, couples, children, adolescents, and families. We also provide cognitive assessments, ASD and ADHD diagnosis, court reports, NDIS reviews, immigration reports, separation certificates, school and university reports, psychological assessments for cosmetic surgery/procedures, and more.
Our Sydney psychologists treat a wide range of conditions, including depression, anxiety, stress, anger management, relationship problems, LGBTQIA issues, trauma, OCD, eating disorders, addictions, personality disorders and other mental health conditions.
Does Medicare provide rebates for psychology sessions in Sydney?
Yes. To be eligible for Medicare rebates, you must first obtain a Mental Health Treatment Plan from your General Practitioner (GP) or a relevant medical specialist. You can then claim $92.90 per session for a registered psychologist or $136.35 per session for a clinical psychologist in Sydney. You can currently receive Medicare health fund rebates for a maximum of 10 sessions per calendar year. Your rebate will be provided immediately after each session with your Sydney psychologist.
When can I see your Sydney psychologists?
You can book your appointment with our professional Sydney psychologists from Mondays to Saturdays – appointment times depend on each practitioner’s availability. Our reception is available on Mondays to Fridays between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm to help you book your appointment.
I’m concerned about COVID-19 but require mental health support. What should I do?
At New Vision Psychology, we prioritise the health and safety of our clients and practitioners. We take all recommended precautions to ensure that our clinics and sessions are COVID-safe. You are welcome to speak to us about any specific questions or concerns you may have.
If you can’t or would rather not receive in-person counselling in Sydney, we offer telehealth (video and phone) options for most of our services. Phone and online therapy have been proven to be as effective as in-person sessions. You may book your telehealth sessions online or over the phone.
How do I choose the right psychologist?
Choosing the right psychologist in Sydney is a big decision that starts with considering the following factors:
- Counselling goals: What does success look like? What are your specific needs and preferences?
- Practical factors: Location, fee structure, Medicare or private health rebates, office hours and after-hours options
- Cultural background: How important is it to you that you see a therapist from a similar culture, religion, gender, sexual orientation or age group?
- Type of mental health professional: Are you looking for a psychiatrist, psychologist, counsellor or social worker?
- Type of therapeutic modality: What form of therapy will you benefit the most from?
- Relevant experience and qualifications: Does the psychologist’s area of expertise match what you’re looking for?
- Counselling style: Structured or flexible? Empathetic or factual? Each therapist has their own personality and style. There isn’t a right or wrong way – what matters is that it works for you.
You may not have all the answers right now, and that’s absolutely fine! These are just some guiding questions to help refine your research and options. If you’d like advice on choosing the right psychologist with us in Sydney, you can always give us a call during our reception hours.
Do I need a referral to visit a counsellor or psychologist in Sydney?
You don’t need a GP referral to see a psychologist in Sydney. However, if you’re planning on claiming a Medicare rebate on your sessions, you will need a GP referral and Mental Health Care Plan.
What are the different methods of therapy and how do I know which one to choose?
At our Sydney clinic, our professional psychologists offer many different therapeutic modalities and counselling styles. Your therapist will work closely with you to choose an appropriate therapeutic approach based on your personality, preferences, motivations and goals. Here are some common types of therapy:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) – Focuses on how your thoughts, emotions, self-esteem and behaviours are interconnected. CBT identifies and restructures maladaptive thought patterns to develop healthier behaviours and outcomes.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) – Focuses on accepting your hardships and difficult emotions while committing to making behavioural changes. The goal is to develop and expand psychological flexibility.
- Psychodynamic therapy – Analyses past relationships and childhood life experiences to understand how they affect your current thinking, self-esteem and behaviour.
- Mindfulness-based therapy (MBT) – Increases your awareness of thoughts, feelings and actions hindering your progress. The goal is to engage with yourself without judgement and positively alter your behaviours and responses. This is often combined with other forms of therapy.
- Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) – Focuses on mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal effectiveness. It teaches you skills to manage difficult emotions and develop better relationships.
If you have any questions about which form of therapy is best for you, check out this helpful guide on the different types of counselling styles and don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Insights From Our Team
Looking For A
Psychologist Near You?
New Vision Psychology can help with 5 convenient locations across Sydney